In this personal nature study, I procedurally created this flower scene using object hair particles. Initially, basic emitter meshes were built that grew hairs from each vertex. Assets such as pollen, petals, grass blades, etc. were built and then parented to their respective hairs. I created all aspect of this scene.
This scene was a personal study of mine. I created the tree and leaves with a tree generator called Arbaro. I then imported the .obj into blender and applied the textures and materials.
In this scene I utilized Blender's Ocean Simulator. The shot was rendered in Cycles, and composited in Blender. I created all aspects.
I modeled the ground and tree trunk and used an ivy generator to grow the ivy strands and leaves onto the tree. Volumetric lighting was used to created the caustic effects in this scene. I created all aspects.
I procedurally created these rocks using various voronoi and cloud patterns to displace the shape of the initial sphere.
During the Spring 2017 semester, I worked with a team of 3 other students to develop a third-person infinite runner game for PC. I created this main character based off of concept designs created by one of my class mates. I preformed a high-low bake to generate the normal map from my sculpt, textured the character in substance painter, rigged it in blender, and integrated the rig with animations from Mixamo. Below is a time-lapse of me creating this character. It took me 10 hrs to create, and it is composed of 2,878 tris and one 4k material.
During the Spring 2017 semester, I worked with a team of 3 other students to develop a third-person infinite runner game for PC. I created this enemy character based off of concept designs created by one of my class mates. I preformed a high-low bake to generate the normal map from my sculpt, textured the character in substance painter, rigged it in blender, and integrated the rig with animations from Mixamo. I created all 3D art in this game, including the environment art, and the particle effects. This character is made of 2,422 tris and one 2k material.
This ninja character was a personal project of mine. I worked through every part of the 3D character production pipeline. I modeled, textured, rigged, animated, lighted, and rendered this character myself. Also, I created a custom UI for my rig's controls using python. The face has blend shape controls for mad, surprised, and sad. The ninja was created using Blender and Gimp, and was rendered in Cycles. Below is a video demonstrating the rig.
I created this pilot character for a FPS mobile VR game as a part of a university group project. The character is 4,720 tris. Below is a time-lapse of me rigging this character.
For a University Individual project, I studied a photogrammetry workflow that uses photoscan, and Blender. I scanned two assets; a tree and a mushroom. I took a series of photographs around the objects and then processed the results in Agisoft Photoscan. In Photoscan, I generated the dense point cloud and mesh from the scan. I then created low poly versions of the objects and baked the color and normal information to the low polys. I then created a game cinematic in Unreal Engine 4 to demo my assets.
In this project, my team re-created the environment from the game “Until Dawn.” I created the terrain in WorldMachine, modeled tree variations in Blender, and then painted them across the terrain. I used .sbars directly in UE4 to dynamically adjust the textures on the landscape, and I used a splat map I generated in WorldMachine to mask in multiple materials.
This animation was a paid freelance project. I used Blender's Ocean Simulator to created the waves in the environment. Also, Blender's internal particle system, force field dynamics, and internal compositor were used to create the glowing dust. The final composition was done in After Effects along with the ending explosion.
During my internship at Booz Allen Hamilton, I optimized a lot of turbo squid models for our VR HTC Vive applications. I took this 1,130,000 triangle model of a ZSU-23 Shika and optimized it for Unity. I also UV unwrapped the model and textured it in Substance Painter. The final asset is 130,000 triangles and four 2k materials.